Sunday, April 1, 2012

Blog Pivot: To America


This blog started with an anomalous event in our lives.  We very much enjoyed our trip to Paris, but it was not at all typical of the trips we take, except that it wasn't very expensive.

Going forward, the blog will focus on the type of travel we usually do.  Namely, travel within the lower 48 states, and possibly occasional very short visits to British Columbia or Mexico.  The key topics we will be covering generally include traveling for cheap.  As before, I'll try to point out the finagles and deals we used and hope that my descriptions are clear enough for you to replicate the experience if they really sound all that interesting.

I have a full-time job that does not require much travel, so I don't have the time to travel anywhere near as much as some bloggers.  When I do travel, it is usually with my family, during my daughter's school vacation periods: one week each in March, October, and November; two weeks in December; and two months off in the summer.

A fair amount of the cheap travel we do is to Las Vegas. Some people blow a fortune there, but we usually don't.

We also are usually traveling with our children, so the posts will cover those topics also.

To answer your next question:  Yes.  We usually take our kids with us to Las Vegas.  This will be covered.

I hope you find this helpful.  Please offer constructive suggestions in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post as if your mother would read it.